Saturday, January 17, 2009

20 Questions: Femme Petal

This is the first in a series of interviews with Etsy artists. All will be roughly 20 questions, and they will be published once or twice a week. Stay tuned for more, and welcome our first contributor!


What is your name?
Erin Keys

What is the name of your business?
Femme Petal

Where in the world are you located?
Indianapolis, Indiana

What do you sell?
Vintage, fun, and just plain girly jewels

Who taught you your craft?
Myself!

How long have you been crafting?
Since November 2008

What part of your craft do you get excited about?
Everything! I love sitting down and creating! It is soothing, relaxing, and the accomplishment you feel when done is amazing!

What part of your crafting business do you dread?
Listing.

Do you usually craft solo or in a group?
I usually have both of my kids hovering over me, asking me for this and that, and showing me beads that they like.

What is one common misconception about your craft?
That it is easy. That is definitely what I thought when I started. Wrong! But when my creative juices start flowing - look out!

Is your craft business full-time or part-time?
I do this and sell Pink papaya full time.

Who is your crafting hero and why?
My crafting hero would have to be all the fabulous ladies that make up Unique Women in Business. They are so inspirational and so motivational.

Are there any other crafts you would like to learn?
Wire wrapping. UGH! That is not self taught!

Parting words?
Love what you do!You can see Erin's other web presences on the Unique Women in Business site, on myspace, and on her Yahoo! group.

Thanks, Erin! Stay tuned for more interviews coming soon.

6 comments:

sleepingpoet said...

Great post. I love these necklaces... Thanks for featuring this great jewelry maker.

Robin@creations-anew.com said...

Her work is beautiful...Fantastic write up..
RObin
CreationsAnew

Inu Inspirations said...

Great idea for your blog! I love reading about other etsy sellers!

And Erin is a really nice lady! :)
Love her jewelry as well!

SewDanish-Scandinavian Textile Art, Unique Handmade Supplies said...

Lovely interview. As a relativly new member of the energetic group UWIB, a few of the things in the interview were new to me. Neat :-)
Birgitte http://www.SewDanish.etsy.com

Unknown said...

love those necklaces! great article!

Caly's Jewelry Creations said...

Erin make awesome jewelry and a very giving person...! She inner beauty shines through in all her pieces...!!